Our collection of this week's social & behavioral science headlines...
- Yellowstone Insider: An Interview with Yellowstone Social Scientist Ryan Atwell
“The least studied mammal in Yellowstone is humans,” says Yellowstone National Park’s Social Science Coordinator Ryan Atwell.
Atwell is the Park’s first full-time social scientist, hired not just to study how humans interact with Yellowstone but to also create a social science program that will meld visitor use with protecting one of the largest intact temperate zone ecosystems in the world.
- Education Week:
- Independent: Childhood Memories: Why Are They So Hard to Recall?
- NIH Director’s Blog: Creative Minds: Helping More Kids Beat Anxiety Disorders
- The Atlantic: The Long-Term Effects of Social-Justice Education on Black Students
- Phys.org: Social networks in prisons impact prisoner health and re-entry