Our collection of this week's social & behavioral science headlines...
- APA Psychology Benefits Society Blog:
- MIT News: How political science can help us solve global health care issues
- New York Times: So Many Research Scientists, So Few Openings as Professors
We have been told time and again that the United States needs more scientists, but when it comes to some of the most desirable science jobs — tenure-track professorships at universities, where much of the exciting work is done — there is such a surplus of Ph.D.s that in the most popular fields, like biomedicine, fewer than one in six has a chance of joining the club in the foreseeable future.
- The Atlantic: Poor at 20, Poor for Life
- Harvard Business Review: Designing a Bias-Free Organization
- Fortune: Will Our Children Actually Live Longer and Healthier Lives?
- CBC News: Racial prejudice can be reversed in older children, says UBC study